Who is the Course and Exam for?
In accordance with the Licensing Act 2003, every person who wants to apply for a Personal Licence must hold an accredited qualification – APLH Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (RQF). The Personal Licence Online course will provide you with an essential knowledge of the legal framework surrounding the sale of alcohol in England and Wales. The e-learning portal is easy to navigate and gives you a full control over the study pace. In order to be able to sell alcohol as a Personal Licence holder, you must learn about the legal responsibilities of personal licence holders, duties of the designated premises supervisor, the roles and functions of licensing authorities and police powers regarding licensed premises. The course is suitable for both hospitality and retail industry. Once you complete the online training, just let us know and we will book you for the remote invigilated exam on the date and time that is convenient to you – simple as that!
What does it cover?
- The Licencing Act 2003
- Personal Licences
- Premises Licences
- The Protection of children
- Powers and enforcement
- Temporary Event Notices
- Responsibility in alcohol retailing
This qualification is regulated by both Ofqual and the Home Office, and has been designed to meet the statutory requirements of the Licensing Law (Licensing Act 2003). Furthermore, whilst comprehensively covering the full framework as set down by the Government, this online training is extremely straight-forward, user-friendly and free from unnecessary jargon. It also provides excellent value for money without compromising on quality. Achievement of this qualification forms an essential part of the personal licence application in England or Wales and enables those selling or authorizing alcohol sales to operate both legally and responsibly. We are UK registered and accredited training provider with the current online examination pass rate at 100%!
How long does the course take?
The personal licence online course takes about 4-5 hours to complete, however you can take it in smaller chunks, which makes it a perfect solution if you are trying to fit it around work commitments. Each module is concluded with a test involving a series of multiple-choice questions to help you remember the content.
- Following completion of the level 2 personal licence course, you will be invited to an online exam session, that can be done at your convenience on any PC / Laptop with Webcam. You will receive the results same day free of charge. We will need at least 3 working days notice to register you for the exam with the awarding body.
- Exam slots are available for booking Monday – Saturday from 7:00am until 21:00pm!
- You will have 1 hour (60 minutes) to complete the exam, which consists of 40 multiple choice question – 28/40 is the pass mark.
- Once the exam is passed, you will receive the APLH Level 2 Accredited Certificate.
- The Certificate is accepted by all licensing authorities in England and Wales
What is required for a personal licence application?
In order to apply for a personal licence to your local licensing authority, you will need the following:
- Completed Application and Declaration forms
- Personal Licence accredited qualification
- 2 passport-size photographs (endorsed)
- DBS check
- Copy of passport (or proof of right to work in the UK)
For your fast-track and stress-free application we do offer a Personal licence application service.
Does a Personal Licence run out?
No – once granted by your local council, the personal licence will last indefinitely. That means it never expires.
How long is a personal licence certificate valid for?
The personal licence certificate is valid for life – there is no expiry date.
Does a personal licence holder have to be on site at all times?
No. The Designated Premises Supervisor, who must be a personal licence holder, can authorise the sale of alcohol on licensed premises. That means, other members of staff can sell alcohol even if personal licence holder is not on site.
What is a personal licence (APLH)?
Personal Licence is granted to an individual by a local licensing authority, allowing them to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol on licensed premises.
Really good course
Really good course, excellent presentation, concise and very informative. Thank you for a really enjoyable day (which I wasn’t excepting) once again thank you.
I had excellent training about alcohol course , we were just in five people so all perfect.
Amazing I passed
Amazing I passed and I’m dyslexic and I struggle that the lady who was teaching on a day was very patient and helped a lot I’ll be using your services again soon thank you